The Center for Retirement Research at Boston College is seeking a Data Analyst to assist with data collection and quality control. This is an entry-level position with significant opportunity to learn new skills.
As an entry-level Data Analyst, you will join a dedicated data team charged with collecting timely and error-free data for the Public Plans Database (PPD) – a nationally recognized repository of key information on the major state and local pension systems in the US. The Data Analyst will be directly involved in data collection and management of the PPD website. Additionally, the Data Analyst will be expected to develop their skills in Excel, Stata, and WordPress. Proficiency with these programs is not required, but motivation and interest to learn them (and potentially other programs) are key to succeeding in the role. Recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Under the direction of the Director of State and Local Research, the Data Analyst will:
- Collect data on public pension plans from publicly available reports
- Use Stata to validate and merge collected data
- Conduct additional quality control measures using Excel, Stata, and manual review
- Upload and manage data on the PPD website using WordPress
- Assist with miscellaneous data requests as-needed
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $45,650 to $57,050; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a social science
- Coursework in statistics, finance and/or economics
- Demonstrated interest in learning about public policy or finance
- Strong communication, analytic/quantitative, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or GoogleSheets
- Motivation to learn statistical programming (Stata) and website management (WordPress), but existing proficiency with these programs not required
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply through the Boston College website.