An aspiring policy-wonk who gets a kick out of figuring out whether to use OLS or probit in an econometric model?
Proficient in at least one computer-programming language and enjoy writing computer programs for hours at a time?
Someone who learns quickly and independently, and who likes to review and summarize academic literature?
If so, you might be interested in applying to work as a full-time Research Associate at the Center for Retirement Research (Boston College). The Research Associate will be directly involved in all of the activities the CRR engages in as part of its core research projects, including:
- Collecting and analyzing data.
- Contributing ideas, numbers, charts, and words to working papers, policy briefs, and presentations.
- Responding to questions from the press and presenting CRR’s work at conferences.
- Writing grant proposals.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in a social science
- Proficiency in a statistical analysis package or programming language
- Coursework in statistics
- Demonstrated interest in research (e.g. through an internship or independent research project)
How to Apply
Complete the online application here. Please upload both a cover letter and resume.
The Center for Retirement Research at Boston College is seeking a Ph.D. Economist to study issues related to retirement and aging, such as labor and public economics; household finance; and health policy for the older population. Specifically, the Research Economist will develop grant proposals, produce academic papers and other written products, and mentor junior researchers. The Research Economist will also be involved in identifying opportunities to attract research funding from government, corporate, and foundation sources.
The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in Economics or Public Policy and familiarity with retirement issues. Some travel is required. Salary is dependent upon experience.
How to Apply
Complete the online application here. Please upload a cover letter, resume, and writing sample.
The Communications Specialist will play a vital role in several aspects of the Center’s core public relations activities, including coordinating conferences and events; assisting with press relations, maintaining and expanding the Center’s social media presence; tracking sales and inventory for the Center’s consumer financial education publications; advertising the Center’s annual grant programs and managing applications; assisting with all aspects of the Center’s desktop publishing efforts, including three weekly blog posts, bi-weekly issue briefs, academic papers, press releases, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, podcasts, and various required reports for the Center’s foundation, corporate, and government funders (commensurate with experience, the desktop publishing role has the opportunity for expansion); distributing publications to the policy, corporate, and academic communities, the media, and the public; responding to queries from these communities; and maintaining the Center’s websites. All of these activities are integral to the Center’s goal of maintaining its reputation as one of the nation’s leading research institutions devoted to retirement income policy issues.
Competitive salary commensurate with relevant experience.
Past experience in communications, public relations or marketing is required. Prior experience with graphic design is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is strongly preferred.
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills.
- Ability to manage deadlines.
- Flexibility in juggling multiple assignments and shifting priorities quickly.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Exceptional interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to develop marketing strategies for various resources and audiences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access).
- InDesign, Photoshop, PowerPoint and knowledge of the WordPress content management system (and/or .html) is strongly preferred.
- Some experience in or working knowledge of desktop publishing.
- Interest in public relations, communications, graphic design, and/or public policy is desirable.
How to Apply
Complete the online application here.