The brief’s key findings are:
- Many people want to work longer for a secure retirement, but this strategy requires employers willing to hire them on worthwhile terms.
- The question is, what jobs do employers really want older workers to do?
- The analysis compares job postings on RetirementJobs.com, a website for older workers, to those on a large general jobs site for workers of all ages.
- The results show that the jobs potentially open to older workers tend to pay better but are less likely to provide benefits.
- And RetirementJobs.com direct postings – as opposed to those cross-posted from a general website – pay much less than jobs in general.