The brief’s key findings are:
- The trend has been toward working longer, but further progress could run into headwinds.
- Will employers find older workers’ skills well suited to the jobs of the future?
- An initial analysis finds that jobs currently employing older workers are projected to grow relatively slowly between now and 2030.
- But, such a finding does not hold for jobs that they could do, suggesting that these jobs will not grow less rapidly than jobs in general.
- This negative result suggests that the jobs of the future should be able to support an aging workforce.